At Catawiki, our customers can find classic and vintage collectable bicycles, parts, accessories and bicycle-related antiques.
We focus on items that are hard to find and appealing to passionate bicycle enthusiasts.
Because potential buyers come to Catawiki looking for special, interesting items, our in-house experts select every piece for our auctions. They ensure items are of premium quality and are presented in the best possible way.
This expert selection helps keep our bidders excited, because they can find rare, special pieces they’re interested in. This also helps our sellers have great selling experiences.
For our auctions, we’re looking for:
- Vintage and antique bicycles:
- Manufactured in Europe, the US or Japan.
- Manufactured up until 1980. We might make exceptions for younger bicycles if they are particularly rare or of exceptional collectable value.
- At least in restorable condition.
- Rare and original collectable parts, accessories and bicycle-related antiques:
- Manufactured up until 1980.
- Lots with a minimum estimated value of €75.
Suitable Collectable Bicycles
- Classic and antique bicycles or racing bicycles manufactured in Europe, the US or Japan and manufactured up until 1980.
- More recent European, US or Japanese bicycles (manufactured up until 2010), only if in excellent condition, artisanal or very limited production (<100 units) and of collectable value.
x Mass produced bicycles made after 1980.
x Cheap or medium-priced models that are not collectable and/or are generally available.
For our auctions, we’re looking for rare and collectable original bicycle parts manufactured up until 1980 and with a minimum value of at least €75*, including:
- Gear sets
- Racing frames
- Lighting equipment
- Handlebars, forks, hubs and brake parts
* One lot can be made up of more than one item to reach the minimum estimated value of €75.
x Reproduction parts/non-original parts.
x Recently made parts that are generally available.
We’re looking for rare bicycle collectables, with a minimum value of at least €75, including:
- Original advertising signs and promotional materials in good condition and manufactured up until 1980.
- Vintage bicycle clothing, yellow jerseys, etc. Any autographed items will be considered for the Sports Memorabilia auction.
- Books, magazines, catalogues and sales literature in good condition and manufactured up until 1980.
- Collectable decorative items connected to cycling, such as badges and tax plates.
Not suitable are:
- Replica items/non-original items.
- Recently made items that are generally available.
Examples of desired brands*:
* This is a list of examples. We also accept brands that don’t appear in this list.
To have a better understanding of the accepted conditions for our lots, we have provided a condition classification which you can use to categorise your submissions:
1 - Excellent
- Frame and parts: Almost like new or fully restored according to original specifications.
- Paint and brightwork: Only minor defects in paint and decals. No visible signs of mechanical wear. May have had a few high-quality repairs using original parts. No missing, broken or damaged parts.
- Drivetrain: Mechanically sound. Gear train and brakes work perfectly. Wheels straight with all spokes intact and tight, good tyres.
2 - Very good
- Frame and parts: Frame and parts match original specifications, with small signs of wear.
- Paint and brightwork: Minor chips or scratches in paint and decals. Only slight mechanical wear. May have had some high-quality repairs.
- Drivetrain: Mechanically sound. Everything works. Wheels straight with all spokes intact and tight, good tyres.
3 - Good
- Frame and parts: Frame and parts match original specifications, with average signs of wear.
- Paint and brightwork: Shows signs of normal wear and usage. May require repair or replacement of parts. May have been repaired using newer parts.
- Drivetrain: Mechanically sound. May require maintenance. May require minor repairs. Wheels straight with no broken spokes.
4 - Signs of wear, no serious damage
- Frame and parts: Frame and parts match original specifications, with clear signs of wear.
- Paint and brightwork: Shows signs of normal wear and usage. Requires maintenance. May require repair or replacement of parts.
- Drivetrain: Mechanically sound. Will require maintenance. Will require minor repairs to drivetrain, brakes and wheels.
5 - In need of restoration
- Frame and parts: Frame and parts match original specifications, but are modified or heavily worn. Needs repairs.
- Paint and brightwork: Requires (partial) repaint. Decals damaged or missing. Has some missing, non-original or damaged parts.
- Drivetrain: Will require major repairs to drivetrain (chain, gears), brakes and wheels. Some parts need to be replaced.
6 - Poor
Incomplete and/or damaged beyond repair.
Register as a seller to begin selling your bicycles on Catawiki, then start submitting your objects for auction right away.