Clocks Premium Positioning
At Catawiki, we auction antique, vintage and collectable Clocks.
We focus on items that are hard to find and appealing to passionate clock enthusiasts.
Because potential buyers come to Catawiki looking for special, interesting items, our in-house experts select every piece for our auctions. They ensure items are of premium quality and are presented in the best possible way.
This expert selection helps keep our bidders excited, because they can find rare, special pieces they’re interested in. This also helps our sellers have great selling experiences.
For our Clock auctions, we’re looking for a wide assortment of clocks! They can be from any time period (including present-day) and should be:
- In working order or recently restored (less than 6 months ago)
- Worth at least €125
We’re looking for a wide selection of clocks, including:
- Bracket clocks, carriage clocks, clock garnitures, cuckoo clocks, longcase clocks, mantle clocks, skeleton clocks, travel clocks, alarm clocks (Cartier, Patek Philippe, Jaeger LeCoultre etc.), wall clocks, moon phase clocks.
- Clocks that have been professionally altered, but are still functional (e.g. “modernised” comtoise clocks). If this is the case, you’ll need to indicate this in the lot description.
Items that are not suitable
✗ Traditional alarm clocks of unknown brands made after 1945
✗ Clocks that run on a battery
✗ Zaanse clocks, and grandmother’s mantle and wall clocks
✗ Painted or white washed Frisian tail clocks
✗ Replicas of brands (e.g. Warmink, Orfac, Junghans, Kienzle) that were typically made in the '60s and '70s
We’re looking for clocks in working order in the following conditions:
- As new: unused
- Excellent: flawless, with no defects and not restored
- Very good: No defects but with very minor signs of use
- Good: Light signs of use and/or minor age-related marks, blemishes and possible minor surface scratches
- Fair: Signs of wear and/or marks and surface scratches
Please note, items in the following conditions might be auctioned separately:
- Complete, not functioning correctly, and in need of repair
- Incomplete or parts missing, not functioning, for use as spare parts
Register as a seller to begin selling your Clocks on Catawiki, then start submitting your objects for auction right away.