When you submit your Hi-Fi and radio items, this is your opportunity to get people interested in your lots and encourage them to bid.
Potential buyers are more likely to bid on lots with a good description, all relevant information displayed clearly and, of course, beautiful photos.
To help encourage potential buyers to bid on your lot, you should include a detailed description of your object(s). This should be thorough and honest, and follow the guidelines on the next page.
If you are using our website to upload your lots, tips will appear to give you guidance about what information we need to know about your lot. The fields that you fill in help to present the information in a way that’s easy for the buyer to read.
The required information includes:
- Brand and model name/number and type
- Condition (all conditions should be in working and tested condition)
- Specifications and technical highlights (power, connections etc.)
- Weight and size
- Please provide a serial number, particularly for Bang & Olufsen models that were made after 1990
Including strong photographs is key to catching buyers’ eyes, ensuring they bid on your lot. Of course, buying online means potential bidders do not get a chance to see your lot in person, therefore detailed and high quality photographs are very important.
To allow our experts, as well as our bidders, to get the right impression of an item, we require:
- a 360 degree view of the item
- close-ups of important details, according to the guidelines on the next section
- Photograph the front, side and back of your item against a plain and neutral background, preferably a white wall.
- Make sure you avoid any distracting background, such as a shop interior or outdoors.
Photos should show nothing else but the item(s) you want to put up for auction.
Please avoid any self-portraits.
- Bidders are interested in seeing as many details as possible. Therefore, please always include images of the back, bottom, top, sides and from the inside where applicable. In case of several items, please photograph all offered items together as well as every item separately.
- Provide specific sharp images of details, such as the front of the lot with the buttons and the back with connections, as well as clearly readable and detailed images of the serial number plate.
- Signs of wear and tear or (minor) damage must be very clearly shown in images. Include sharp and detailed images of repaired or restored parts.
Image Guidelines - Example lot
Now that you know exactly what you need in order to create a fantastic lot, it’s time to start selling your hi-fi and radio items. Start submitting your special objects for auction.
We look forward to receiving your lots soon - our experts can’t wait to see what you have to offer!