Sports Memorabilia Premium Positioning
At Catawiki we auction sports memorabilia and sports related items of premium quality which are hard to find and appealing to passionate sports enthusiasts.
Because potential buyers come to Catawiki looking for special, authentic and rare sports related items, our in-house experts select every piece of memorabilia for our auctions, ensuring they are of premium quality and are presented in the best possible way.
We do this because we aim to keep our bidders engaged, excited and successful in finding the pieces they’re interested in and ensure our sellers have great selling experiences with Catawiki.
At Catawiki we auction sports memorabilia of premium quality this is appealing to passionate sports enthusiasts and collectors.
For our auctions, we seek and select items that are:
- authentic and collectable such as match issued or worn sports gear, signed photographs or racing car parts
- made or licensed by the copyright owner of the trademark
- related to major sports events or a world championship series
- proven to be used or match worn by an athlete
- hand-signed by actual athletes with their original signature
- worth a minimum lot value of €50
1. Collectable sports memorabilia items
For our auctions, we seek authentic collectable sports items that are related to major sports events, a world championship series or that have been owned or match worn by athletes, including:
Items that are not suitable for our auctions include:
2. Sports memorabilia that was made or licensed by the copyright owner of the trademark
- Collectable and interesting items that are specially made in a limited quantity
- Items related to major sports events, a world championship series, a team or an athlete
3. Items with a proven original hand signed signature
- Authentic and personally hand signed by the signee themselves - not a reprint, autopen or secretarial signature
- Preferably with photo proof of the signing taking place and a certificate or letter of authenticity from a worldwide trusted and respected authenticator
4. Examples of trusted authentication certificates
How to correctly describe condition:
- The condition of an item is very important to a collector
- Items in a poor condition are only accepted if they are very rare
- New/as new - in the same condition as originally sold/received/obtained
- Very good - shows some small insignificant signs of wear and tear
- Good - shows typical wear or slight colour loss
- Fair - worn condition, no loose embroidery, stitches, labels or tags
- Poor - sufficiently worn, loose embroidery, stitches, labels or tags, UV/sun colour faded, significant colour loss
Register as a seller to begin selling your sport memorabilia on Catawiki, then start submitting your objects for auction right away.