If you are using our website to upload your lots, an input mask will help you provide much of the key information of your lot. It also helps present the information in a way that’s easy for the buyer to read.
The required information for one or two models includes:
- Nr of items in your lot
- Manufacturing Brand: e.g. Minichamps, Norev, BBR or Autoart / Minichamps in case of several brands per lot
- Scale: e.g. 1/43 OR 1/18, 1/18-1/12 in case there are 2 different scales in your lot
- Marque, Model Type of the scale model e.g. BMW 628, Jaguar XJS
- Reference Nr: relevant for original Dinky Toys, Corgi Toys & other brands from the 1960s-1970s.
- Material: e.g. Plastic, Resin, diecast or white metall
- Year of Manufacture & Colour: 1977 - Red
- Condition: next to overall condition please also list any minor damages or signs of wear in the description
- Packaging: e.g. whether the item comes sealed in its original box, with a replacement box or without original box
- Special & Extras: is the model of a limited edition, coming with Autograph etc
For Collectors it is often the detail that counts. Therefore please provide any additional info in the description
- Race number, race & driver's name or key race car sponsor: e.g. #34 Le Mans - Driver: James Hunt
Including strong photographs is key to catching buyers’ eyes & ensuring they bid on your lot.
Of course, buying online means potential bidders do not get a chance to see your lot in person, therefore detailed and high-quality photographs are so important.
To allow our experts, as well as our bidders, to get the right impression of an item, we require several high-quality photos, including:
- a 360 degree view of the item, &
- close-ups of important details, according the following guidelines
- The photos should show a front and rear three quarter view of the model (without box) made on a plain, neutral background (preferably a white background).
- Make sure your photos show only the object(s) you want to put up for auction.
- To present your model in the best possible and most appealing way, please avoid self portraits, bare hands or distracting background and make sure the model is clean without any fingerprints or dust.
- Provide close-ups of important details such as engine & interior, especially in a convertible model, and include images of original boxes & clearly readable photos of the limited edition certificate.
- If you have more than one model in the auction, please provide at least one photo with all the models together. This will make it clearer to the buyer what you are selling.