Model Cars Premium Positioning
At Catawiki we auction Model Cars and Diecast/Resin Models of Premium quality for collectors, which are harder to find & appealing to Passionate Model Car enthusiasts.
We want to assure potential buyers that we share their passion and have the quality of their collections in mind. Therefore our in-house Experts hand-pick every model for our auctions, ensuring they are display worthy & get presented in the best possible way.
We do this because we aim to keep our bidders engaged, excited & successful in finding the models that they’re interested in, and ensure our sellers have great selling experiences with Catawiki.
At Catawiki we auction accurate scale models of Premium Quality which are harder to find & appealing to Passionate model car Enthusiasts & Collectors.
For our auctions, we seek & handpick:
- True scale Model Cars & Diecast & Resin Models,
- Usually found on specialist model retailer websites or in specialist model shops
- In scales from 1/50 to 1/2,
- Made for the discerning collector, (meaning no clockwork or battery operated toys),
- From a list of selected reputable & desirable makers,
- That are in at least very good condition & preferably come with original packaging,
- Broken/damaged parts need to be fixed first in order to be suitable for auction
- And that are offered in economically attractive, collectors-worthy lots
True Scale Model Vehicles
- We are looking for quality true-scale model model cars & Diecast & Resin models, in scales 1/50 to 1/2, that are made for the discerning collector
True scale models are an accurate scale representation of the actual vehicle being modeled.
This includes interior detail and can include engine and chassis detail.
- Model cars that were made for decoration are not appealing to our Model Car collectors. They are not suitable for these dedicated auctions.
Toy model cars (which are typically clockwork or battery operated) are not suitable for Model Car auctions. They create more interest with toy collectors & may be offered for the Toy auction.
Examples of model types bidders are looking for :
- Trucks, Campervans & vans
- Emergency vehicles
- Agricultural models
- Construction machinery & cranes
- Passenger cars
- Race & rally cars
Examples of desired Brands
Models need to be in very good condition & preferably come with original packaging.
That means items need to be in any of the following condition to be accepted:
- In mint condition = New condition. The item is as produced by the manufacturer
- Almost mint condition = Almost new condition with only the slightest flaws
- In very good condition = Very good, but with some (minor) signs of wear
Items with obvious signs of wear, parts missing or that are only fit for restauration are not considered premium quality & not suitable for auction.
Register as a seller and start submitting your objects for auction.