Model Cars Premium Positioning
At Catawiki we auction model cars and diecast/resin models of premium quality for collectors which are hard to find and appealing to passionate model car enthusiasts.
We want to assure potential buyers that we share their passion and have the quality of their collections in mind.
Therefore our in-house experts hand-pick every model for our auctions, ensuring they are display worthy and are presented in the best possible way.
We do this because we aim to keep our bidders engaged, excited & successful in finding the models that they’re interested in, and ensure our sellers have great selling experiences with Catawiki.
At Catawiki we auction accurate scale models of premium quality which are hard to find and appealing to passionate model car enthusiasts and collectors.
For our auctions, we seek and handpick model cars that are:
- true scale model cars and diecast and resin models
- usually found on specialist model retailer websites or in specialist model shops
- in scales from 1/50 to 1/2
- made for the discerning collector (meaning no clockwork or battery operated toys)
- from a list of selected reputable & desirable makers
- in at least very good condition and preferably come with original packaging
- broken/damaged parts need to be fixed first in order to be suitable for auction
- worth a minimum lot value of €30
True Scale Model Vehicles
- We are looking for quality true scale model cars and diecast and resin models, in scales 1/50 to 1/2, that are made for the discerning collector.
True scale models are an accurate scale representation of the actual vehicle being modelled.
This includes interior detail and can include engine and chassis detail.
Model cars that were made for decoration are not appealing to our model car collectors.
They are not suitable for our dedicated auctions.
Toy model cars (which are typically clockwork or battery operated) are not suitable for our model car auctions. They create more interest with toy collectors and may be offered for the Toy auction.
Examples of model types bidders are looking for:
- Trucks, campervans and vans
- Emergency vehicles
- Agricultural models
- Construction machinery and cranes
- Passenger cars
- Race and rally cars
Examples of desired brands
Models need to be in very good condition and preferably come with original packaging
That means items need to be in any of the following conditions to be accepted:
- In mint condition = new condition - the item is as produced by the manufacturer
- Almost mint condition = almost new condition with only the slightest flaws
- In very good condition = very good, but with some (minor) signs of wear
Items with obvious signs of wear, parts missing or that are only fit for restoration are not considered premium quality and are not suitable for auction.
Register as a seller and start submitting your objects for auction.