Stamps Premium Positioning
At Catawiki we auction stamps of premium quality.
We want to help you build your collection from beginning to end by proposing lots of the highest quality, interest and authenticity.
By hand-picking stamps from early periods to more recent issues, we aim to help collectors build their collections in the right way.
We make these stamps readily available for our users on our safe and reliable platform.
We ensure that they are of premium quality and are presented in the best and most professional way possible.
Buyers at Catawiki look for interesting and collectable stamps that are not easy to find on the market.
For our auctions, we seek classical and modern stamps in single, set or collection format. We’re looking for:
- single stamps of quality with a minimum estimated value of €30
- single stamps, sets of stamps, collections and batches from 1840 (earliest issue) to the current date with a minimum estimated value of €50
- rare stamps
- postal history letters
- accessories: philatelic books, official catalogues, sets of albums, stock books and accessories/material to expertise stamps with a value above €50
Classical stamps (1840 to 1945) of premium quality
- For lots with an estimated value of €30-50: we only accept single stamps in good quality.
- The experts will only accept faults on stamps if they are due to the material used to issue the stamp, if the stamp is known to be very difficult to find without a fault, or when the official catalogue of the country values them with faults.
- For lots with an estimated value above €50: we accept good quality single stamps, sets of stamps, selections of stamps, collections and batches (every type of lot).
- The experts might accept faults depending on the value and the rarity of the stamps that have missing gum (while expected), a couple of small points of stain, one or two short perforations, a tiny thin or a small fold.
- We only accept repaired stamps with a certificate (only for stamps with an estimated minimum value of €200 - although we do not accept reserve prices except for rare repaired stamps).
Modern stamps (after 1945) of premium quality
- For lots with an estimated value of €30-50: we only accept high quality single stamps.
- For lots with an estimated value above €50: we only accept high quality single stamps, set of stamps, selection of stamps, collections, and batches.
For all modern stamps: The experts will only accept faults on stamps if they are natural faults due to the material used to issue the stamp, if the stamp is known to be very difficult to find without a fault, or when the official catalogue of the country values them with faults.
Rare stamps of premium quality
The experts might accept faults depending on the value and the rarity of the stamp. The rarer the stamp is, the more the expert might accept more serious faults (fold, small or cut margin, short or missing perforation, no gum while expected, stain on the gum).
Postal history of premium quality with a minimum estimated value of €30
The experts might accept small faults on the stamps or covers, whatever the value of the item is, as long as the fault is not touching the characteristic (cancellation, origin, destination, combination of stamps, stamps) that give the value to the letter.
Stamp accessories of premium quality with a minimum estimated value of €50
- set of albums
- stock books
- accessories/material to expertise stamps
Philatelic books with a minimum estimated value of €50
- all philatelic books about the study of stamps and postal history
- official catalogues
Buyers are more likely to bid on your lot if they know it is certified as being authentic. This is why we ask for certificates from trusted third-party experts if there is a doubt about the authenticity.
- If there are any doubts about the authenticity of the object, the expert will ask for certification.
- If the stamp comes with a certificate, the expert will first check the coherence between the item and the description on the certificate. In case of incoherence, the expert will ask for another certificate.
- If there are any doubts about authenticity/forgery of a signature or certificate, the expert will ask for a new signature/certificate.
Register as a seller on Catawiki, then start submitting your objects for auction right away.